Sunday, November 25, 2012

Sunday Morning Crafts: Mushroom Prints

Yesterday, someone sent over some free mushroom samples to me. (One of the perks of having a resto, haha!) But instead of consuming them, I decided to draw them.Sketched them roughly, and then decided that they would be cooler as rubber stamps. I was at the HeyKessy Messy Washi Party, but I couldn't resist the urge to start carving them.
My happy fungi stamp family

For my washi party project, I made a print layered with washi paper grass,then sewed and bound it using more washi tape.

I also made a leaf stamp, and connected the prints to form a vine-y pattern. Layered a mushroom print over it. Stamp layering is love!
This morning, I stamped on a canvas totebag, too!After stamping, I heat-pressed the tote to seal the ink.
Happy Sunday to you! :)