Thursday, August 2, 2012

Marks & Spencer's New Ice Cream Flavors

Marks & Spencer products have always been a staple in our family's closets. Way back in pre-school, my mom would bring home our yearly supply of socks and undies from her trips abroad. When they opened their stores in Manila, I would tag along with my mom, who would spend countless hours inside M&S stores, as it was, and still is, her go-to place for shopping for clothes and presents. I have such an attachment to M&S that goes way back to my childhood, that even today, it's the only place where I shop for undergarments! Who can forget those knitted knee-high slouched socks?;) Back in grade school, those socks were the symbol of coolness. Their product styles and fit have evolved through time, and my current faves right now are their No VPL undies. Now, if only I could get my hands on those knitted knee-high socks again, it might just make me the coolest big little kid in 2012!
The brand continues to evolve, and Marks & Spencer has recently launched their new Ice Cream lines that are sure to raise every Filipino's standard for frozen treats. Premium flavors like Cookies, Cake & Cream, Caramel Pecan Crunch (my favorite!), Molten Chocolate Brownie, and Blueberry Cheesecake prove to be a taste of heaven even to the most discerning sweet tooth. My husband PJ, who is a self-confessed ice cream addict, shakes his head in disbelief with every spoonful of ice cream from the pint, in awe of how ice cream can taste this good: genius combination of flavors, light creamy texture, and with just the right of sweetness. Halfway through the pint, he even added that these premium M&S ice cream flavors are the most perfect reward after a long day of work. Haha, he really does love ice cream THAT much!

 I am absolutely in love with the Caramel Pecan Crunch
These M&S premium ice cream flavors are available in tubs and pints.
I also took home a box of these rich & creamy Belgian Chocolate Ice Cream Bars!

Last July 26, I went to the ice cream tasting event in their Greenbelt 5 branch. 
The event was open to Nuffnang bloggers, but anyone who wanted to try Marks & Spencer's new ice cream flavors could head to the counter to get a sample cup.
All their ice cream flavors we available for tasting. 
Happily waiting for my Strawberry Cheesecake ice cream. 
A sampler cup of the Blueberry Cheesecake and Triple Chocolate, so delicious together!
My cousin Ate Ria and baby Amelia came with me to sample the ice cream buffet.Now, our family will have more M&S products in the house, as these ice cream flavors will now be a staple at our Sunday family get-togethers at home!Marks & Spencer Ice Cream is available at Glorietta 4, Greenbelt 5 and Shangri-la Stores.