Tuesday, June 12, 2012

Art day with Jenie

Our weekend in Singapore was packed with art events all around the city. My friend Jenie and I met up at the Promenade MRT Station and we walked towards the Arts & Science Museum to check out the Harry Potter exhibit which had just opened that day (sabik!).
It was an exhibit of the Potter memorabilia that were used in the movies, from props to costumes.
Love these posters. I wish they sold them at the souvenir shop!!

And then for only SG$4 more, we were able to see the Andy Warhol exhibit! I think this is the 4th Warhol exhibit I've been to, but I can never tire at seeing his work. Idol.

One of the few installations that were there.
Love this bold screenprinted wallpaper!

His iconic prints were also exhibited.
His flower series, one of my faves.

But what really was so inspiring for me was seeing a lot of his commercial work and handwritten books. I am so in love with his handwriting that I am actually thinking of changing my own signature to a more legible script, and will only sign my name using a fountain pen. Haha.
We went down to the SouthEastAsia exhibit of Warhol-inspired work, and there were these cool cut-out glasses for kids. My glasses are bigger than Andy's. Hehe. And check out that cute Campbell's Recycle Bin.

And...our quote of the day.


We had some time to spare before dinner, so we went over to the Esplanade area to check out the Public Green Market crafts fair, which was a pocket event of the Singapore Arts Festival.
The craft market under the bridge.

Words and handmade books.

Totes and clothes.

 Leather notebooks and vintage office supplies. I bought some vintage wooden rulers for my collection. :)

Artists can make art on the spot for you: on paper.....or on your nails!

Fun Tangle playground for kids.
Thanks for being a tourist with me, Jenie! :)