Monday, November 21, 2011

The Holiday Gift Guide: Online Edition!

I seriously don't know how I'm going to get Christmas shopping done in the next few weeks. I haven't even begun writing my Christmas list!  I would love to visit all the bazaars and check out all the good deals at the malls, but really, who has TIME? And the traffic? Let's not even go there. 

When it comes to giving presents, I prefer 'thoughtful gifts', and don't just buy or give gifts for the sake of it. Nobody like waste, right? But there are a million other things to take care of during the holidays, making it harder to think of The Perfect Gift for each family member and friend! This year, though, I have promised myself that I will make no more excuses: I will be more RESPONSIBLE about giving presents, and face my fear that is The Christmas Rush.

Being a huge fan of online shopping, I've created a list of local online merchants that you can shop from. For the unfamiliar, it's as simple as filling out a form/texting the seller, paying through G-Cash or bank deposit, and then waiting for your item in the mail. This Online Edition of my 2011 Holiday Gift Guide is the first one I'm posting, but I've got a few other themed Gift Guides lined up, so watch out for those!

--------------------------------------------------------------------




ARTWINE
Online Store: http://shopartwine.com/Artwine is Beam Mariano's online store of felt creations. She's got a whole range of products like bags, brooches and bookmarks, but I really find this 90's collection so adorable! These mobile phone and camera cases are priced at P250 each.



BARQUETTE
Online Store: http://www.facebook.com/barquetteshopRaise your hand if you always have a hard time looking for gifts for guys! I'm raising BOTH hands! It's no wonder that Barquette owner Lauren Alejo is doing so well in business--she's filled that void of practical and useful presents for men! But check her Facebook page because she's got accessories and organizers for the ladies as well. Pictured above are some of her bestsellers: The Samurai Sword (P550), Remote Control organizer (P750), Drinklip (P130), and Money Clip (P180).




BROWN BELLY
Online Store: http://brownbelly.multiply.com/Made with good vibes and much love from owners/surfer girls Noelle Hilario and Kage Gozun, Brown Belly bridges surf to the city, with comfy and stylish clothing inspired by their weekend beach trips and travels around the world. Featured above: Skylar and Frolic Bed Jackets (P880 each); Cove and Heartthrob Bikinis (P1580 each, comes in a pouch).



EMERALD HEADWAY
Now here is my dream gift: Magazine Subscriptions!!! This is the perfect gift because the recipient will remember you every month! This year, I'm getting my Lola a subscription to her favorite celebrity chismis magazine from Emerald Headway. If you are on a tighter budget, purchase the local magazines, or cut your subscription to 4 or 6 months instead of one full year.



HUMAN NATURE
Online Store: http://humanheartnature.com/buy/index.php/PJ and I have switched to 100% organic personal care products and we love Human Nature's facial care line! I use their mineral makeup, their toner and facial cleansers. Their items are very affordable and will make great gifts! Featured above are the Gift Pack for Schoolmates (P119), Gift Pack for Men (P249), Gift Pack for Moms (P449), Mineral Blush (P175), Mineral Powder Foundation (P295), and Natural Tinted Lipbalms (P75).


KAYLINN
Online Store: http://keilinnsfashiondepot.multiply.com/I stumbled upon Karen Suazo Roldan's site while searching for accessories on Multiply. I love her selection of bib necklaces--she has unique and tasteful designs and most of them are reasonably priced at P400-P1000. My favorite is the gold beaded bib (P2000) featured above.



THE MIO ALPHABET
Online Store: http://miotheartist.blogspot.com/2011/07/mio-alphabet.htmlHere's a gift that keeps on giving: buy a Mio Alphabet Monogram Notecard Set (P350 for a box of 10) and help Mio Mendiola and other children with rare diseases fight their battle for a healthy childhood. Looking for an inexpensive gift for your officemates? Monogram die-cut alphabet stickers are also available at P50 each.



NINA LAZARO SHOES
Online Store: http://www.facebook.com/nina.lazaro.shoesNina Lazaro just recently got into the shoe business, but already, she's got a number of shoe collections posted on her site. She started for the simple reason that she needed more shoes for herself! In search for local manufacturers, she went from Liliw, Laguna to Marikina for someone to actualize her shoe designs. Her goal is to produce locally manufactured shoes that are of good quality, and to "put Marikina back on the pedestal". Head on to her Facebook Page and support her advocacy. Her pumps, flats and wedges are perfect for office and every day wear! Prices are available upon request.